Parsley Pesto is a great nutritional component to incorporate into your diet for two reasons:
1. It has numerous health benefits
● Parsley itself contains a number of vitamins including K, C and vitamin A which helps to give you healthy bones and boost your immune system.
● If consumed daily it can relieve joint pains due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
● Its high iron content is great for anaemic people and two tablespoons worth equates to two percent of your daily iron intake.
2. Parsley pesto is great in any meal. breakfast lunch, dinner and every snack in between!
● BREAKFAST. Start your day right with a lovely sweet potato mash, fried or boiled egg, meat (bacon, sausage) or meat substitute of your choice with a side of parsley pesto.
● LUNCH: Why not try whole wheat Pesto parsley pasta and add some chopped mushrooms and halved grape tomatoes!
● DINNER: Finish a day with parsley pesto salmon. Generously spread the pesto onto the salmon and place it into the oven. Easy!
● SNACK: You can never go wrong with a cheese, tomato and pesto bruschetta. Or if you’re entertaining guests, caprese with pesto parsley bites make for wonderful starters. All got need are small square pieces of bread, a spread of parsley pesto, a thick slice of mozzarella or Romano cheese topped with half a cherry tomato and a toothpick through the middle to join them all together.
If you can’t find a bottle in your local food store why not make your own at home? It’s easy! All you need is this Parsley Pesto recipe:
● 30g of flat leaf parsley leaves
● 1 crushed garlic clove
● 40g grated Parmesan cheese
● 30g pine nuts (you can also use walnuts)
● 75ml of extra virgin olive oil
Saving the oil and salt, put all the ingredients into your food processor for a up to three seconds, add the oil and a bit of salt and you’re done! You can add as much or as little seasoning to it as you like.